Members of the Armed Forces permanently reassigned during the mortgage crisis
Military Personnel Only
1. Permanent reassignment to a new duty station or home port outside a 50-mile radius of the member's former duty station or home port.
2. Reassignment ordered between 1 February 2006 and 30 September 2010.
3. Property purchased (or contract to purchase signed) before 1 July 2006.
4. Must have a decline of at least a 10% home value loss from the date of purchase to date of sale, and the property must be sold between July 1, 2006 and September 30, 2012.
5. Property was the primary residence of the owner
6. Owner has not previously received these benefit payments.
7. If you are a member of the Armed Forces who is PCSing or has PCSed, download the application packet and complete the application. Carefully read all instructions, and mail your completed application to the U.S. Army Engineer District, Savannah, GA by September 30, 2012. PCS applications postmarked or deposited after September 30, 2012 will not be accepted.
Red text reflects recent changes in PCS interim rule.
Green text reflects recent changes due to the direct final rule.